Tuesday, May 03, 2011

True North, Strong and Free!

As most of my friends could easily tell you I’m not a political person, I don’t follow or even comprehend politics. This is a choice, I research an eclectic array of topics, but I have little interest in politics, it is most definitely not within my realm of knowledge. Besides, it seems to me politics has become more about how to get the other “guy” to look bad instead of trying to make our nation a better place, more about gossip than governing. Because of this lack of political curiosity, this blog posting is an extremely rare public statement for me, if you don’t agree, please don’t roast me ;). Do, however, feel free to share your opinion/feelings, I love to hear what others think, even if we don't agree.

On May 2nd, 2011 Canadians made their voices heard. Perhaps in my political naiveté I believe it’s less about which party so much as a unified nation coming together to say, “we are tired of the crap, let’s quit the quibbling and start leading”. A majority government brings us closer to a united people than we’ve been for a long time, even Quebec stood up and seemed to say, “enough separatism, let’s work together, let’s be a country”. Some people are complaining but seriously, did you really think the NDP would win? Or the Liberals? If they did, where would we be? Back in another minority government with continued backstabbing pugnacious nonsense, not to mention another general election in 2 years… or less. I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of the rubbish in-house fighting, “united we stand, divided we fall”.

Canadians have spoken, we want change, we want action, we want to see our government take care of our country and heed our needs! I just hope Prime Minister Harper understands, this is not a win for the Tories, this is a victory for the people of Canada, this is about a strong country standing together as a nation and saying, “we will not go quietly into the night”. Mr. Harper has four years to prove to Canadians that we didn’t make a mistake, so he better get to work!

I’m not a Tory or a Liberal, nor even a Democrat… I’m green, but I’m not Green, I’m Canadian, and I’m damn proud of it! I want to prove to the world that we truly are, “The True North, strong and free!”.
 
       ~ Shannon *Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ* 

♫♪ God keep our land, glorious and free ♪♫

0 What you say....: