It's been awhile, did you miss me? I hope so because I've missed you and I've missed writing but I've been so busy and then in recovery from being so busy that I've not had time to barely think about writing. I'm hoping this will get back to being a regular thing and maybe, just maybe because I'm not so good with schedules, I will have this whole theme thing going, Monday Motivation. Has a fun ring to it, don't you think? ♪Yes, I really do think.♫ Sorry, I've got this thing, where a phrase will remind me of a song, and then I start singing the phrase, then the entire song, then I find the song if I have it and play it at least five times. Drives my boys crazy, and now that I know it drives them crazy, naturally I do it even more, mwahahahaha! I know, I'm an evil mum, say no more. (Scrambling to figure out why I don't have Alanis Morissette in my iTunes list... grrrr)
I digress (hmmm, not me). Today's Monday Motivation is Goals & Pipe Dreams. I know, you're surprised aren't you? That title is very misleading. A few days ago I was reading this blog (which is not at all about goals but kinda fits and is very helpful, really) and it occurred to me that I'd always thought I had lots of goals, and while I know you're "supposed" to put them in writing and create "SMART" and "KISS" goals, I always figured, well they're in my head, I know what my goals are. I think about them enough. In fact, I think about them so much we're intimate friends. But what I've come to realise (and probably already knew but tried to ignore) is the ideas in my head, those are pipe dreams, and until I get those goals out in the open, in black in white and in my face so to speak, they will remain as pipe dreams. Pipe dreams are great, we need them, they keep us creative and give us hope but some of these things I really want to see come to fruition. So it's time to start not just thinking about my goals, but putting those little suckers down in writing.
I'm going to start small based on my priorities and creating the list using the Six Most Important Things idea (I'll blog about this later). So, yada yada, so on & so forth, here is what I want to accomplish this week:
- Family: Play with my boys in some manner at least 90 minutes every day. Not electronic play or watching movies, but real play; lego, drawing, watching them do one of their plays, geocaching. And it doesn't have to be all at once but I do want to spend at least 90 minutes with them.
- Health: Walk at least 4 miles outside & continue healthy eating plan. Break up the walking over the week of course and it doesn't have to be power walking or even brisk walking but something that at least gets my heart rate up a bit. Lots of healthy fluid (this does NOT have to be only water but should avoid soda pop and coffee), veggies, fruit, protein and some whole grains. If I indulge in a small treat, don't beat myself up but don't let it sidetrack.
- Home: Plan and start 31 Bags in 31 days challenge (or something to that effect). Include the boys and find larger items to sell online.
- Finance: Submit 2010 tax return, complete budget. (Actually got my tax return submitted yesterday *big grin* lol).
- Business: Finalise post processing of photos & deliver. Including updating flicker, 500px, blogger & perhaps looking at business cards & website.
- Goals: Find an accountability partner, or team. Would you like to join me?? We don't have to have the same goals, but provide encouragement and support. Come to the dark side, we have cookies ;-).