Wednesday, May 11, 2011

And now, these words from our sponsor...

I've been struggling with the title for my blog for months now. Since I hope, perhaps, maybe one day, my readership will grow by leaps and bounds, even astonishing me (a girl can dream), then I figure I should have a catchy title that is memorable and meaningful to what I write about. Not that simple since I don't really have a niche, I just throw stuff out there with regards to what's going on around me at the moment. Life, as it would turn out, is my niche!

Quite frankly, I felt my original title was actually condescending to my children and since they are so important to me, it didn't make sense to continue with that one. The current title was just stuffed in as a "place holder" until I could come up with something better. It's been there awhile now so I surveyed a couple of friends about it, they said it was catchy as is. Great! But what does it mean to me? That all my blog posts will all be trying to sell something?? I don't think so! That's not my style at all.

I continued to ponder my blog title and as I increase my activity in publishing more posts it grew in my mind that I really need to determine if it is suitable as is or do I find something else. As Winne the Pooh would say, "Think, think, think". Who is my sponsor? I don't have one. Hmmmm. And then it dawned on me, my sponsor is God. Granted, I don't feel that all of my posts are lead by the Lord, but definitely a good percentage of what I say comes from what I feel are lessons He is trying to teach me, or at the very least, inspired by seeds He plants in my mind. The rest is just my humble opinion that anyone is welcome to take or leave ;). Can you think of a better sponsor? I sure can't, and while I won't claim to be speaking on His behalf, I am feeling lead to share these lessons so, perhaps, the title can stay as is. What do you think?

Completely off topic, can anyone explain to me why cheese, although lovely as is, tastes so much better when melted?!?

~ Shannon *Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ*

0 What you say....: