Monday, October 04, 2010

Chocolate Loaf Cake, Wherefore Art Thou?

I'm craving chocolate cake... I know what you're saying, so what? We all do from time to time, but to be quite honest, I'm weird, I don't. I don't generally have a sweet tooth at all, except for certain times during the cycle of the moon when, as we all know, we become a completely different persona, our heads appear to spin like the girl in "The Exorcist" and our family members swear we must have forgotten to wear the tinfoil hat and an alien invasion occurred without their knowledge. *Whew* say that 5 times fast.

But I digress, I want chocolate cake.

I tried eating just dark chocolate, which I always have a supply of, 70% and 85% cocoa, no milk chocolate for this girl (remember, no sweet tooth), "in case of emergency". (It's kept in a glass box with a miniature axe mounted to the outside, really... no, not really, but it's a good idea). Unfortunately my outrageously priced, plain dark chocolate, usually the balm to sooth most cravings, just ain't cuttin' it sista!

I want chocolate cake.

I don't want just any chocolate cake either. What I'm really hankering after is a chocolate loaf. You know the kind don't you? It's dense, and moist, and heavy, and rich, probably has dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips in it and left to your own devices you would likely eat the entire thing yourself. However, I have two problems, the first one is I'm barely functional after a really awesome weekend that also included a severe lack of sleep. Some days I'm a V8, most days I'm a four cylinder that tries really hard to push past those bigger hills, but tonight... well tonight I don't think I've got enough gas to power a bubble mower!

Oops, I digress again... The second problem is where you come in, I can't find a recipe that seems to jump out at me and say... "Pick me, I'm the one you're looking for". Please, please, PLEASE I would be ever so wonderfully grateful if anyone knows what the heck I'm talking about here and happens to have a delicious, no fail, amazing-to-die-for-melt-in-your-mouth chocolate loaf recipe, please send it to me, or post me a link where I could find it. Because I think that if a chocolate loaf cake does not somehow materialise and find itself consumed by this time tomorrow, I may no longer be responsible for my actions.

Thank you, thank you very much. My family thanks you. So do my cats, the ravaged chocolate bars thank you as well.

MAWOY,
~Shannon

2 What you say....:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Now I want Chocolate!!! I'll stick to brownies though, they still work for me. Good luck!

Sunny

Síonaìnn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Helen/Chris, I love you!!! That's exactly what I was looking for ~:D... the power of social media, lost headphones and chocolate loaf cake recipes ;)